Cheesy Bacon Endive Boats
Makes about 32 endive boats
• 1 c. chopped purple onion (can use regular onion)
• 5-6 slices turkey bacon (natural, nitrate free)
• 1 can peas
• 1 c. low-fat or fat-free ricotta cheese
• 1/2 c. chopped cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 3 heads of Belgian (yellow) or Belgian Red endive (red)
Spray a frying pan lightly with olive oil. Add turkey bacon and red onion, and cook on low for 10 to 12 minutes until onions are soft and bacon is lightly browned. Set cooked bacon and onion aside. Next, take the can of peas and blend in a food processor or Magic Bullet® until smooth. Add a tablespoon or two of water if needed to make smooth. In a bowl, combine blended peas, turkey, bacon, ricotta and salt. Mix until smooth. Take your endive and cut off the end and rinse leaves. Take a teaspoon and fill each endive cup with a heaping scoop of the mix. Chop the cherry tomatoes and place a few on top of each endive bite for a light garnish. Arrange on a serving plate and enjoy!
No-Bake PB Pumpkin Balls
Makes about 28-32 mini balls.
• 3/4 c. Quaker® Oats or quick oats
• 1/2 c. oat flour (or make your own by blending oats in Magic Bullet or food processor)
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. baking soda
• 3 Tbsp. Truvia (10 packets) or you can substitute with 1/4 c. brown sugar or 1/4 c. honey
• 3 Tbsp. PB2 powder peanut butter (This can be found in some stores or online. You may also leave this out and the result will be more pumpkin flavored.)
• 1/3 c. canned pumpkin
• 1-2 Tbsp. of water if needed
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil or try adding your favorite nut oil such as hazelnut, walnut, etc.
• 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Use two separate bowls for dry and wet ingredients. Make sure you stir the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well. In the other bowl, be sure to mix all wet ingredients well. Next, add wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. You will need to refrigerate about 5 to 10 minutes before forming into mini balls. Once mixture is cold, take out and hand roll into balls. Place back in refrigerator until ready to serve. These are fabulous frozen treats as well!