Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 chipotle pepper with about 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice from one large lime, divided
- 2 teaspoons chili or taco seasoning
- 1/2 an avocado
- burger buns, lettuce, sliced tomato, cheese, and whatever else you like to put on burgers
- De-seed and mince the chipotle pepper.
- Add all ingredients except avocado and half of the lime juice to a large bowl.
- Mix gently just until thoroughly combined; do not over-work.
- Shape into four equal burgers. Grill over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Mix avocado and reserved half of the lime juice in a small bowl. Spread avocado mixture on burger bun. Build the burger with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
You can eat it with whole wheat bus or make it protein style with artisan romaine lettuce and make it a bun. We made Alexis sweet potato fries that you can find in any local grocery store.