Here are some yummy family friendly recipes to try for your Easter Morning. Courtesy of pinterest!
INGREDIENTS for 24 cupcakes:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes
- good handful of fresh basil leaves (cut these from my garden, LOVE the smell of freshly cut basil)
- 3-4 scallions (green onion)
- 6 whole eggs + 4 cups of egg whites
- 1. Chop up all of your veggies! Then mix them together in a large bowl. Next, whisk your whole eggs and egg whites together in anotehr bowl.2. Line your muffin tins with cupcake holders and spray with PAM. If you don’t have liners, you can directly spray PAM onto the tin. Then fill your cups with about a tablespoon of egg mixture.3. Next fill the rest of the cup up with veggies! Then fill to the top with the rest of your eggs. You can pretty much fill to the brim.4. Pop them into the oven at 375F for about 20-30 min or until you see that they are firm on top.
Read more here.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
Yield: 10 pancakes
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
· 1 cup golden flax seed meal
· 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener or granulated erythritol (I used vanilla stevia)
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· pinch salt
· 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
· 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (I used coconut oil)
· 2 tbsp almond milk
· 1 cup shredded carrot
· 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
· 2 tbsp chopped raisins
· Butter or oil for pan
· 4 oz cream cheese, softened
· 1 tbsp butter, softened
· 3 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener or powdered erythritol (I used regular powdered sugar)
· 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 tbsp heavy cream
1. For the pancakes: In a large bowl, whisk together the flax seed meal, erythtritol, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
2. Stir in the eggs, oil and almond milk until well combined.
3. Stir in carrots, chopped nuts and raisins.
4. Heat a large skilled over medium heat. Add 2 tsp or so of butter or oil and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan.
5. Using a scant 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour batter on griddle and spread into approximately 4 inch circles.
6. Cook until bottom is golden brown and top is set around the edges. Flip carefully and continue to cook until second side is golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm on plate or baking sheet in oven, while repeating with remaining batter.
7. For the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter together in a medium bowl until smooth. Beat in powdered erythritol, vanilla extract and cream.
8. Serve pancakes with a dollop of frosting.
Read more here.