Homemade Sloppy Joe Mix
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes to bubble with cooked meat
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika (regular paprika works too!)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- MIX WITH…
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used Bison)
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce, plus 1/2 cans worth of water
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar (regular distilled vinegar works too!)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, minced onion, ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder,salt and pepper.
- Brown the ground beef, then stir in the tomato sauce plus about 1/2 cans worth of water (more if you plan on simmering it a long time), the mustard and cider vinegar. Add in the spices mixture and stir into the sauce. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes, giving time for the flavors and spices to infuse into the sauce.
- Serve Sloppy Joes on buns (or over rice) with favorite side dishes.